Saturday, July 24, 2010

On holiday: Postcard for Saturday



Stopped at the Clark Art Institute in Williamstown, Massachusetts. Our objective - and the objective, apparently, of every well-heeled, middle-aged person in western Massachusetts - was to see the exhibit, "Picasso Looks at Degas."

Beanie and Bubbie were likely the youngest viewers in the museum, but I suspect that StraightMan and I might have been the youngest adults there.

However, Beanie has been interested in Degas since her spring ballet recital, which was titled "Degas." She was enthralled. Delightful company for strolling the show! I learned a lot as we walked around and looked at the paintings and sculptures.

Bubbie also took interest. His voice bouncing around the atrium: "I WANT TO SEE ART!" He took the stairs without waiting for us. Then he changed his mind: "THE BEACH IS WAITING FOR ME!" StraightMan finally coaxed him into seeing art. I tried a few mommy-tricks, like asking him to talk about the colors - lots of blue...

Then, standing in front of "Nude Wringing Her Hair," I asked Bubbie to count the number of triangles. "NO. I SEE CIRCLES HERE AND HERE! I LIKE THE CIRCLES! CIRCLES ARE MY FAVORITE!"

Art and the three-year-old boy.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry for the lame post. All the sand and sun and surf are making my head soft. It was pretty funny when it happened...

    ReplyDelete